Herbal Amy knows how hard it can be to manage the weight fluctuations and the pain associated with trying to maintain a healthy weight. We carry a variety of teas, herbs and tinctures available to assist in your battle.
Losing weight can be incredibly challenging. Diet, heredity, lifestyle factors and overall health can contribute to each and every person’s ability to successfully lose weight. Natural remedies have long existed to help counteract obesity and help people to lose weight. Some of these work by purportedly helping fat to be burned. Others are thought to help people shed the pounds thanks to natural diuretic properties. Still other herbs yet may help individuals lose weight by increasing their energy levels to make physical activity easier.
These herbs can be used in a tea for weight loss where both their medicinal benefits as well as their nutritional benefits can be taken advantage of. In addition to naturally beneficial compounds like plant based chemicals, herbs also provide heaping hearty doses of vitamins and minerals that the body needs to stay healthy. The healthier that the body is, the easier it is to get to and maintain a healthy weight.
While tea for weight loss can have some benefit to overall pound reduction goals, they are no substitute for dieting, calorie restriction and regular physical activity. All of the components are important to losing weight. Herbal tea recipes should serve alongside, not in place of these vital parts to achieving weight loss goals. Additionally, a doctor should be consulted both before you embark on the use of any herbal remedies to ensure that they are safe for you and will not interact with any medications that you are taking or any health conditions that you may have. With the right knowledge and the right advice, explore our top ten herbs for a natural tea for weight loss to see if any of them should be added to your healthy routine.
1. Ginseng: For those that need a little extra get up and go to get going for an exercise program, teas including ginseng can certainly help in that regard. The ancient herb has also been used to boost metabolism, which can further weight loss goals. In addition to its use in a tea for weight loss, ginseng may also have positive effects on insulin sensitivity as well.
2. Cayenne Pepper: There are multiple reasons why a bit of cayenne may be the best thing to top off your tea for weight loss with. It helps increase fat burning processes within the body, lower levels of fat in the blood and also helps control appetite and hence reduce the intake of calories.
3. Cinnamon: Cinnamon has long served as a flavorful addition to many herbal tea recipes. But, taste alone is not the only reason that the sweet spice should be included in your tea for weight loss. It may have positive effects on the metabolism as well as help to regulate blood sugar levels too.
4. Black Pepper: Try adding a few black peppercorns to your brew in order to take advantage of its unique flavor. That taste comes from a compound called piperine that helps block new fat cells from forming. Black pepper serves another benefit as well, by increasing the bioavailability of other foods you eat. It is an ideal addition to a tea for weight loss and the peppercorns should be removed before enjoying.
5. Dandelion: Dandelion works in two ways to benefit weight loss, the first being one of its oldest medicinal uses as a diuretic. But, dandelion can also help to control appetite by making you feel fuller for longer periods of time. Dandelion is popular in a tea for weight loss that can include any part of the plant, not only the flowers.
6. Mustard Seed: Mustard seeds can be added to a tea for weight loss in ground form, and they make an ideal addition given their purported ability to help amp up metabolism by as much as 25%. This in turn can lead to more rapid calorie burning.
7. Turmeric: The active ingredient in turmeric, curcumin, is what is thought to give the culinary spice all of its benefits. This is one of the oldest medicinal herbs which has been used for treatment in numerous health conditions throughout ancient medicine. Curcumin is also thought to help reduce fat formation by inhibiting the growth of the vessels that promote it, making it perfect in a tea for weight loss and other health benefits too.
8. Cardamom: Cardamom is a warming herb with thermogenic properties that can help boost the body’s ability to burn fat. Cardamom may also be useful in boosting metabolism as well.
9. Cumin: When the digestive system suffers, weight loss can be much more difficult. As such, it is not uncommon for herbs that aid in digestion to make their way into herbal tea recipes for weight loss. Cumin is no exception, and its digestive benefits can help the body’s waste removal system function normally, providing support to weight loss endeavors.
10. Hibiscus: Hibiscus is widely used in supplements, preparations and tea for weight loss options thanks to its natural diuretic and laxative properties. Essentially it provides a method to help rid the body of waste which is thought to indirectly contribute to weight loss.
One great weight loss herbal combination: Nettle, Eleuthero, Senna, Dandelion root, Marshmallow, Slippery Elm Bark, Fennel, and Ginger root is combined in a complete Tincture available, just click HERE.
“For educational purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.”